It is learnt that the corps commander-level meeting on Tuesday, which lasted over 15 hours, discussed the way forward to more disengagement in Eastern Ladakh, particularly at the Finger area along the Pangong Tso lake, with clear timelines being discussed.
In view of the ongoing border standoff between India and China, the government on Wednesday delegated powers to the armed forces to progress cases of urgently required weapons and equipment upto Rs 300 crore to meet their immediate operational requirements.
When asked for an update on Tuesday's military-level talks, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying told a media briefing here that both sides reached progress for promoting further disengagement of the border troops at the Western Sector.
The two sides agreed on certain modalities for rolling out the next phase of disengagement and are expected to get in touch with each other after discussing agreed points with the higher authorities of both sides, the sources said.
India last month banned 59 Chinese apps, including TikTok and UC Browser, saying they were prejudicial to the sovereignty, integrity and security of the country.
U.S. strategists have long wanted to get India firmly on America’s side, seeing the nation of 1.3 billion as a powerful counterweight to China. But while India has historically tried to balance its ties among global powers, the clashes with China at 14,000-feet laid bare the potential longer-term risks...
Philippines, Malaysia and Japan take on China over illegal territorial claims, especially the South China Seaadmin - 0
This year, a Chinese research ship spent a month surveying in Malaysia’s exclusive economic zone, amid a standoff with a Malaysian oil exploration vessel near disputed waters.
This will be a significant upgrade allowing the reintroduction of light tanks that can play a critical role in areas such as Ladakh, where they can be more nimble than the heavier main battle tanks, informed sources told ET. The acquisition will be made under the emergency purchase nod...
Reacting to Pompeo's statement, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told a media briefing in Beijing that the secretary of state's remarks neglected the history and facts about the SCS.
The high court said he has a choice to make and asked him to delete his FB account as the policy to ban the use of social networking platforms for army personnel was taken keeping in view the security of the nation.